Each enteric coated tablet contains :
- Esomeprazole Magnesium Trihydrate BP
- Eq. to Esomeprazole .............. 40 mg
- Excipients .................................. q.s.
- Colour : Red Oxide of Iron
ESOMZ 40 is indicated for:
- In combination with an appropriate antibacterial therapeutic regimen for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori
- Healing of Helicobacterpylori associated duodenal ulcer
- Prevention of relapse of peptic ulcers in patients with Helicobacter pylori-associatedulcers. Patients requiring continued NSAID therapy
- Healing of gastric ulcers associated with NSAID therapy.
- Prolonged treatment after IV induced prevention of rebleeding of pepticulcers.
- Treatment of Zollinger Ellison Syndrome
- For Adult and Adolescents from the age of 12 years: Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- In combination with antibiotics in treatment of duodenal ulcer caused by Helicobacter pylori.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
- Adults: GERD- 40 mg once daily for 4 weeks.
- Symptomatic treatment of GERD: 20 mg once daily
- Patients requiring continued NSAID therapy: 20 mg once daily- 4-8 weeks
- Prolonged treatment after IV induced prevention of rebleeding of pepticulcers 40 mg once daily for 4 weeks after IV induced prevention of rebleeding of peptic ulcers.
- Zollinger Ellison Syndrome: 40 mg twice daily.
- Special populations: Dose adjustment is not required in patients with impaired renal function & mild to moderate liver impairment
- Elderly: Dose adjustment is not required in the elderly.
- Paediatric population: Adolescents from the age of 12 years
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD): 40 mg once daily for 4 weeks.
- Treatment of duodenal ulcer: For 30-40 kg and > 40 kg- with combination of two antibiotics: Esomeprazole 20 mg.
- Children below the age of 12 years: Other forms of this medicine may be more suitable for children below the age of 12 years.
Method of Administration:For oral use. The tablets should be swallowed whole with liquid.
DEV LIFE CORPORATION